Nearly there....

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mom of the Year right here

I totally win the award and will be anxiously awaiting the delivery of my trophy.
What action might it be that has won me this significant title? Well, if you really want to know... don't try this yourself. Please, for the love of God don't!!!
I'm driving the boys to school the other morning. I wasn't really paying much attention to anything, chit chatting with them, there's a CD playing that I wasn't even paying attention to. It was from before I got my beloved iRoad, not even sure why it was on.
As we were talking about being good at school that day and you know how the subject can dart around from subject to subject with an almost four year old, we went on about the leaves and then Cody noticed a plane etc...
Then I hear Kade singing, first he's just sort of humming along with the beat, I'm still oblivious and letting him jam out. Then I hear out of my 3.75 year olds mouth... "Sex BOMB! SEX BOMB! You my sex bomb!".
Now just imagine all the blood draining from my face. Deer caught in the head light eyes, I could not reach the damn radio fast enough. It was already too late though and I knew it. First he YELLS at me b/c I turned off his jam.
OH well he apparently thinks, and continues on with, "SEX BOMB! Sex bomb! You my sex bomb!".
Would he EVEN be so kind as to mis-pronounce this so I could play it off to others as though he'd said something else? Of course not! It is perfectly pronounced. Grrrreat.
So then the first thing that came to mind is how I tried to "correct" him. I told him it was saying, "Circus bomb".
Yeah good one huh? I'm so damn clever. Ugh.
SO he sang that a couple of times and then he decided that he was actually correct in the first place. Oh what do I do? I don't know how anyone else's four year old is, but MINE? Mine is going to sing that all stinkin day long at school! ACK!!!!
So I can hardly drive, we're almost there, trying to think fast...what do I do? What on earth are they going to think???? Seriously!?!?!?!?!
I tried so hard, even SIX bomb. No, he would not have it. I didn't really want to scold him b/c it was MY fault for not making sure we were listening to either NOTHING or something a little more kid appropriate like Pantera or Bob Marley for goodness sakes!
So then I had to give him the speech about how it was not a "bad" word but that it did not sound very nice coming from such a lovely little boy and Mommy messed up and made a mistake by having it on so for Goodness sakes PLEASE PLEASE don't sing that anymore!!! PLEASE! I'll buy you a new car if you just don't repeat that again!
I got an eye roll and first he says, "Okay MOM."
We walk into the school yard and I heard him singing something low.
"Sex bomb...sex bomb, you my sex bomb...." and off he went to class.
I made Mike go pick them up that afternoon.

3 comments:

JM said...

That is your kid, alright. Takes after Mommy. Lol.

Heather said...

I love reading your blog. LOL, I have a 4 year old that says stuff all the time. You are not alone ;)

Unknown said...

hahaha.
yes. my kid. poor guy!

oh 4 year old ears anywhere in earshot of things that come out of my mouth is a scary scary though!
ha!!!!