Nearly there....

Friday, October 31, 2008

Determination

So I took pictures of the boys today. However it seems that EVERY time I shoot some photos of something, it is a month before I get them loaded and anything converted, and I am sure I have not shared a ton. I've come across folders on my hard drives that I have no idea what they are, open it up...untouched photos I forgot I even took.
So.
Tonight I had made up my mind that I was going to dump my card, convert some of these and share them on the SAME DAY. Well, who's Thursday, that is up in the air I guess since it is 2am here. I SO cannot hang with this anymore. Seriously, I think I'm on the verge of hallucinating! ha! That coming from someone that lived on as little as 8-16 hours of sleep a WEEK for a LONG time!
Anyway, without further ado, almost LIVE photos of the boys. I will warn that Kade LOOKS really big here. Why? Because he IS!!! He's grown TWO INCHES! Just since we arrived! That is a lot in 3 months! Clothes are going FAST around here these days! I'm actually almost to the point where hand me downs are no more.
Whatever will I do?

*****************************************************************************

You will begin to notice a trend. Any photo that could have been an "oh!" picture, has something in the way. Thanks that would have been adorable, but now...we have a jacket flap across the mouth.
Don't know why, don't care why...I LOVE this. That is one happy little boy. :)

To know Kade in person, is to adore this "look".Hmmm....that one might get the ladies later on. ;) For now, it gets him out of trouble when he probably shouldn't get out of trouble often times.

Is that Kade? I'm not real sure because it looks like a BIG KID, not my little squishy baby boy.

Yes. He's playing with frozen waffles outside. I decided we'd get back to basics, like when I was a kid and we played with stuff we found around the house because we couldn't afford toys from an actual toy store. Hey, it groomed us for creativity in life, what can I say?
Alright, alright y'all KNOW these kids have more toys than that can even play with. Our recycling is SO good that even any left over bread products are recycled. We just toss them out the kitchen window and the peacocks will be along shortly to take care of it for us. Kade just beat them to it this morning. HE thought they were pretty fun to throw around. So hey...if your kids are bored and whining, just chunk their asses out in the backyard with some eggos and tell them to have fun.

More of that trend. Use your imagination. How adorable COULD that have been? He was throwing leaves at me (more dirt than leaves of course) and well, that dumb lagging leaf was still in the way when I shot! :(

Milk mustache and all. :) Love that smile like nobody's business! LOOOOVE it!

Now this one almost gets me a little choked up. He's always had what I can only call "soulful" eyes. Sometimes, he looks off somewhere like this and he just stares into oblivion thinking. Once in awhile, like here, it looks like he can see the entire world through those eyes all at one time. Past the big fence, beyond the trees, the buildings, the farmland, the cities. He can see the hurt, happy, free, imprisoned, appreciative, hateful, hungry, loved everything from everyone all at one time in his young innocent eyes. I wonder what goes on behind them, in that mind of his, what they are meant to do because eyes like that, not only in their beauty, but power, have some grand purpose. I'm certain of it. :) (That is NOT me being biased about my child either.)

THIS my friends, is the Cody face. Sort of duck lips perhaps? Although he's talking goofy as he can be, but he's totally serious! He was angry because he could not see over the fence.

That is just too funny to me. I remember when I was little and we'd go out to play on a cold day. I'd get all bundled up and man I HATED wearing a hood but I had to! With ears like these, you've gotta keep them covered! So it just reminded me of that feeling of binding. Turning my whole body trying to see around the edge of that stupid hood! I am sure I looked like a dumb dog chasing its tail, turning in circles trying to see around the edge of the hood as if EVENTUALLY it would just move over for me if I spun around long enough!

Well, they are hereditary there's no doubt because here is yet another pair of those soulful eyes. His are different and I have yet to really wonder what his "look" is. It took awhile to get Kade's and of course, that is only speculation.

So does this nose look familiar to anyone? It makes me giggle to this day when I look at it just right. There is no mistaking that nose! It is so adorable! Co is definitely mostly Mike's side of the gene pool because I'm still trying to figure out if Cody is mine or not, I am not seeing the resemblance. Perhaps Mike and I should have a talk....

Yeah....mention going inside again. This is the look I got when I said something very motherly. I think it was something like, "Put your hood on, put this hat on...or we ARE going inside young man! Now make a choice or get your rear in the house! It's too COLD, you'll get sick!".

Oh man. When the hell did THAT happen?

So apparently he chose the hat and adjusted his damn attitude. (Until he started pulling the hat off too).

I got shusssshed. Yay.

Modeling debut on the hood of a vehicle. Hmmm....perhaps it is time to forward his portfolio on over to some folks in London?

Damn, there's that weird kid again. The one that keeps saying he's Kade, but he looks and acts much too old to be Kade.

Alright folks.

That's all. I'll have pics up from the Pumpkin Patch and some other fall stuff in the next couple of days. I started to mess with them, but it is time for the restart, and much more importantly, time for my head to hit the pillow. Need rest! Lots of trick or treating to do tomorrow! So I ask that everyone PLEASE send great mood Cody vibes my way so that little turd will put on his freakin COSTUME!!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN PEOPLE!!!!!!

No comments: