Nearly there....

Monday, December 22, 2008

Chops Last Stop -- The Newest Payne


Yep, meet the newest member of our family. Chops.
I've searched obsessively for a dog in a rescue since we got settled into our house. I knew we'd be getting one once we got here, now just to get that chubby Sue dog over here (hahaha!) Our family will be complete. Anyway I've been extremely annoying, more than usual yes it is possible, about finding the RIGHT dog for us. My hours and hours of dog hunting have done just that. I believe we've found the PERFECT match.
I was, and still am, so shocked that MIKE picked him, I sort of slid him in at the end of my short list and Mike chose him hands down. So y'day we packed up the boys in the car and headed up North. WAY up North. Granted...had it been in Texas it would've taken us all of maybe an hour and a half MAYBE to get there. Nooope. Not here.
Make that 3.5-4 hours one way. Long day. LONG day for the damn car DVD players to QUIT WORKING!!!!! Argh! Not to mention super smart parents we are, could've just gone ahead and bought Co one of his Christmas gifts early and let him have it for the trip and wrapped some cheapies to open on Thursday. He'd never know. ha!
Anyway, the boys did good and we also realized that up North of here, isn't really the pretty part of England. It was nice, don't get me wrong and it IS the middle of December, but just didn't seem as nice in the countryside as other areas.
Anyway.
We are all absolutely head over heels for this guy. He's fantastic with the boys, he's a great watch dog already (he'll give the postman a start tomorrow I'm sure of it), he has had us laughing most of the day, and he LOVES toys! I love it when dogs love toys!!! He's just wonderful.
Kade is REALLY obsessed with him, but..well he was like that when we first brought Cody home and we all know that phase passed. haha! (Not a whole lot though b/c he still wants his brother with him all the time).
Anyway, last night I got more sleep than I've had in ages, and apparently I wasn't done b/c I've gone completely brain dead and my lids are so heavy I can hardly keep them open. So...nothing funny, fancy or creative at all.
Just wanted to show off the newest member of the family.
We're all simply smitten. Some silly fools out in this world have tossed this poor guy back and forth. So he's been abandoned, picked up as a stray, taken to rescue, fostered, adopted, taken back, fostered, adopted taken back, and fostered, almost adopted, then fostered same house and finally with us. What is the reason they all had? "He's too big."
Actually, he was smaller than I thought he was going to be when we got there! He doesn't even come ALL the way up to my KNEE!!!!
So it will likely take him awhile to realize this is it. This is IT though. It's only been a day and a half and we are all so smitten with him. Cody is a little less interested, but he's still excited and happy to have him, just not as into the whole dog thing. He calls him "dog" most of the time instead of his name. THe way he says it sounds like he's trying to remain unemotional about the animal in the house. haha!
Anyway, here's the "dog". LOL





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

What a great looking dog...glad he is yours!HA! Great for the boys though...teach them some responsiblity. Have a great Christmas!