Nearly there....

Monday, September 29, 2008

Why even bother forecasting?

I swear, if you ever once thought the forecast was ridiculous and changed constantly...just keep an eye on ours. I SWEAR it changes by the half HOUR! I planned things around the cooler temps and rain for this week. I did not invite a friend over b/c the kids would not be able to play outside.
What might I be looking at currently? Partly cloudy sky and a lot of sun and I have windows open because it was hot in here. Ugh.
It was supposed to be 55 and rainy, it somehow, went from that to 60 and sunny. Within a couple of hours! Grrrrr!!!!
You just can't plan things here. That is all I can think of. Oh well. I must get back to being more adaptable!

A few updates of a personal nature I suppose.
Saturday we bought Mike a car! YAY!!! I have my car back, am no longer imprisoned on the property etc... to add to the excitement of that, the boys can now start preschool! I'm very excited about that, they are going to love it! I really like that it is an open room plan and Kade and Cody will be in the same room. Cody will do much better being with older kids than kids his age only for sure. From what I've read on it, it seems they have a Montessori type philosophy, and do I ever love me some Montessori schools! That will most definitely be the way to go with Kade, Cody...I'm not sure yet. I mean, I can't imagine that teaching style NOT being good for anyone. I loved it when I was younger, albeit a short stint, I absolutely loved it and always wanted to go back. When has anyone heard me talk about school like that?
When we got Mike's car, we went to Cambridge to see it. What is Cambridge like? How was it? I have no idea beyond a road, a neighborhood and a grocery store parking lot. *sigh*
I am just not even going there. It would have been nice to hang out in a new place on a Saturday when we had nothing else to do. Explore somewhere we've never been with such great history and surely some neat things for the kids to do.
Nah, we left there and went back to the base to go to the holiday bizaare and tiny carnival being held there. I've never seen that part of the flight line I suppose...

At any rate, a few photos of the boys at the carnival. I have more, but as I may have mentioned before, this computer is getting terminal and converting any photos at all is a very very long process. Doing ANYTHING on here is a long process. The good news is that the boys will be at school soon and that will FINALLY open up some time for me to finish up the things I need to finish up from the states and also get caught up on photo sharing! :)

Hmmm...on that note, both kids are napping and I need a shower, to call 10 people and swap out the never ending laundry, yeah I'm STILL doing laundry.

Can you imagine since I began typing this a couple minutes ago, there is now a large gray cloud over my house? Let me guess, it is going to wait until the boys wake up from nap and then start pouring so I have to keep them in the house longer. I'm almost going to lay some money down on it.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

60 and hot eh? Put on a rain coat and golashes and let them loose, you better get use to this rain...lots more to come. I loved when the bazarres would come. Lots of fun shopping, except that the pound was yuck! Have a good week, and enjoy them being in school!