Nearly there....

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rainy Days

I love them so much. Yes, still. Everyone says I’ll get tired of them quickly, but I don’t know about that. Today is finally a rainy day. Day before yesterday was sort of. I think we went about 3 whole days without a drop and Mike and I both almost at the same instant said how we wished it would hurry and rain again.
Now if only I had something to put in my fireplace to burn and some super comfy jammies, I could be having a very perfect comfy moment right this instant. It is cool and raining out, both boys are napping at the same time, which makes for a luxurious afternoon, no matter what is on my project list. The house is totally silent except for my ticking away on the keyboard here. Other than the sound of rain, that is.
We decided to go ahead and put my office on the ground floor, for which I am very thankful. I have windows. Sure there was A window in the original room it was going to be in, but a very, very small window that was up too high to really see out of anyway. I must have a window to see out of, lots of natural light and some bits of nature to flow in. Right now, I can look out my window and see the rain falling on the adorable fence between mine and my neighbor’s yard and just beyond that above the trees, I can see the church. The ancient old church, from the 1700’s I believe, but don’t quote me. Come to find out this particular church, which I can’t name at the moment, was a station for US troops during WWII. Don’t you know that got Mike all excited to see that?
Anyway, it is the reason our “road” is called what it is, our subdivision, whatever you call it here, Church View Close. Love it.
Have I ever yet mentioned that I absolutely ADORE where we live? I really do. We’ve not made it to the pub just yet, hopefully soon though. There are a total of eight homes already built, one in the process back here. One is still empty, one we’ve not met yet but all the rest we know and they are fantastic!
Two of those, of course, are the other two military families that moved in the same day we did. Three others are English families and they are so so friendly!
See how friendly they are? Barely a week in the place and I get a fresh basket of carrots straight from the garden! Okay, they were really in a bag, but I laughed so hard at our friend around the curve when she asked if mine came in that basket because hers had come in a bag. Haha! I thought they were pretty and could serve as part of the decoration here until they are all consumed!
I’ll be making a roast in a couple of days that will likely take up a majority of them! I just love it though. This little “hood” just makes you feel all cozy. We can receive packages for one another from the postman and watch out for the repairman or keep an eye out for each other while someone is on holiday etc… We’ve all had a laugh here and there at the differences in our countries as well.
I can envision Christmas parties and just because parties and Mike and I have already decided we will ensue Tex-Mex night so we can enlighten them with my (what will now for SURE be) world famous quesadillas and enchiladas and some corona etc… I’ll be sure to have plenty of tums and pepto on hand for everyone! At any rate, the people here are all so very friendly, they have been so helpful and we’ve tried however we can to return the favor. I have not ever lived in any neighborhood like this back home, so it is definitely making this change much easier and nicer.
It is such a comfortable place and I still love our peacocks! They say they’ll drive me batty soon enough, but for now we still find them very endearing. I’ve also found there are many, many more here than we’d originally thought. We’ve now counted out 3 grown males and 2 grown females who each have babies totaling out at 6. Hmmm….if you’ve ever been around peacocks, you understand they can sometimes be pretty noisy. Eleven of them in one tiny little village might get a little crazy come spring time! I still giggle out loud every time one of the mama’s makes her warning honk. The boys laugh so hard and copy her, and then she does it again because they made a weird noise at her.
They also like cheetos. Hope that isn’t seriously detrimental to the health of peacocks, because we feed them curly cheetos often.
At any rate, if anyone was worried about where we were to end up living, we absolutely LOVE it here. You really don’t ever know the prison is back there at all. You do hear them playing football once in awhile (to us Americans that’s soccer) but you’d never think anything of it as it sounds just like any other game being played any other place.
Oh the other nice neat thing? The police. They actually came by each of our homes and knocked on the door and introduced themselves, told us how nice and quiet it is here and gave us their cards if we ever needed anything at all. Isn’t that sweet?
Mike has met a few buddies he can play golf with also, there are several teenagers around that can babysit, the other ladies all seem wonderful. Can it be real?
We love our house (now that the kinks are finally getting worked out), we looooove our yard (otherwise known as garden) and we love the people here and the little ‘hood’ we’re in.
I’ll even admit though, that I can’t wait till that dumb dog is here. She’ll complete our little white picket fence scene. Granted, our family in its entirety would totally complete it, but we’ve got our little family here all together and that is what we are so grateful for. Missing everyone back home for sure, but enjoying our new home!!!

No comments: