Nearly there....

Saturday, September 27, 2008

It is a Travesty!!!

You know, sure the economy is in the garbage, there are people going hungry and you know, fuel is $17 a gallon. I have to whine though b/c this is truly a terrifying turn of events for me. Like, yes, sadly there is FEAR in the pit of my stomach. Mike had a lot of volunteering today and was pretty late getting home. As usual I texted him a grocery list to run by on his way. Just some weekend essentials. What is the one thing you might imagine is ALWAYS on the list no matter what? Dr. Pepper. Yes. Now, there have been shortages of it in the shopettes etc... but there is ALWAYS some at the commissary. Today however, the day I have feared...there was none! He called to tell me that he got the LAST 2L bottle and it was beaten and battered. I am BEYOND picky about my Dr. Pepper, yes I can even tell by one taste that it is bottled by a different bottler when we've been traveling. I have to have it in certain form. 2L bottle is not it I can promise you.
I think it must be some conspiracy. It has to be. All the other cokes are disgusting, Dr. Pepper is the ONLY good one, so they are stockpiling it and hiding it from ME. Be gone all you other DP drinkers that don't love it the way I do. The ones who are not life long loyal worshippers of this super sweet caffeinated heaven in a can. You can all live without it, I cannot. I mean...I COULD but why the hell WOULD I? I quit EVERYTHING else to lose weight but Dr. Pepper. I lost it too, my wonderful gut burning Dr. Pepper did not fail me, but hung on tight and went through it with me and only let its empty calories fall lightly on me.
Whatever will I do though? There's no time for anyone to ship me any and I dare say *I* would go without food (not the rest of the family) to pay top dollar for some. I will be up before the sun in the morning, preparing myself for a hunt, a battle...whatever may come to find myself some Dr. Pepper and should I find it, should anyone be around to witness, I will buy up all I can like I'm prepping for Y3K or something, I will knock down anyone that gets in my way in true linebacker fashion. Don't mess with me. If I do not find it. I will be foul and mean and short tempered - yeah more than usual haha - and I will probably just come home and cry in a corner. So...anyone know someone who works at the commissary? I need an insider, so if stock starts getting low, they can give me a heads up. Seriously. Think I'm joking? Try me. I'll keep em hooked up with some family portraits or SOMETHING. Until then...I shall savor every last little sip of the last 3 cans I have left.

Anyway, now that my drama is past.
I'll do a quick NORMAL post since the dr. pepper deprived psychosis has not yet taken hold.

There's not a lot going on here really. Just kind of hanging out, trying to work around the cooling temps and waiting impatiently for more leaves to turn red and gold. I'm just beside myself with anticipation of autumn in the forest. Mike is a turd and gets all girlie giddy when I mention it every single time I see a fall colored leaf on a tree to make fun of me. Hey shouldn't he be glad it is the simple things that excite me and not diamonds and gold? Well...I suppose I could use that, if all the camera equipment and electronics I drool over didn't cost just as much. At least we get more use of the things I covet than me just being shiny. Damn Canon for their new releases this past week! It is mean! I tell you, unless they intend on sending me free samples of everything, they just need to WAIT till I hit the lottery that I never play.
Anyway.
Back on track. This weekend is wild and busy for Mike, me and the boys, not so much as usual. We are car shopping, after we find dr. pepper, and hopefully will once again be a 2 car home. While we've made it just fine, there have been a few days that were tense to say the least. Being very rural and stuck at home with 2 kids 24/7 can really do things to a person. I don't think I've ever gone this long on one bottle of foundation or so long w/out fixing my hair. I"m a true stay at home mom rat lately and it is just so not ME that its honestly been the worst part, but seriously...what a waste to get made up to just take it off and no one that gives a crap seeing it anyway. Sure I'm less likely to scream out of horror each time I pass the one mirror in the house, but whatever. Avert eyes, don't waste. ha! Don't waste. Yeah...I said that.
Which reminds me... I am proud to announce I am becoming the recycling QUEEN, not that the UK doesn't help that a great deal and sort of force it on you. I've always wanted to do it and had decided before even getting here and knowing it was like this, that I wanted to start, man they make it easy and there are definitely a lot of areas in Texas at least that could take some lessons and research the way things work here. I love it. I feel so damn GREEN! Now if I could only have bought that prius I could be wearing a tiara with no make up around the house where no one would see it but the boys who'd get in a brawl over who got to play with it b/c it was somehow THEIRS and not mine at all.
Wow. I didn't get to hit the pub last weekend, can ya tell? What a great time to get one of the absolute WORST migraines ever!!!! Grrrr! Why am I cursed? Worst migraine, not worst headache. Get a spinal headache post spinal/epidural and then whine to me about any headache, until then zip it. ha! So, it hurt and I've still not had a single day off of wiping butts and tears and spilled milk. Oh well.
Hopefully, though, we can find a suitable run around work car for Mike so I can have mine back and then...oh the most exciting thing... THEN the boys can start PRESCHOOL!!!! It is just PT and just down the road, but I know Kade is beyond THRILLED to go and Cody, well he'd rather stay shoved up my butt, but he's going anyway. I really like the open plan though, it is a mix of ages so any kid in the age group, is all in the same room. That is best for Co I think b/c Mr. Mongous would squash a classroom full of the toughest 2 year olds in just one morning session. I'm pretty sure of it. So, him being with kids a little older like he's used to and well...the same SIZE and strength of him will be better for him I think. Not to mention, he just needs the socialization. Little turd. Granted, he's the one I'd worry about getting kicked out of PreK on the first day. We'll see.
Regardless, I'm looking forward to it b/c it will give THEM a break from me and vice versa and I could actually get some things ACCOMPLISHED (it's a new word I think) while they are gone. Then when they are here, I could actually spend TIME with them. Co won't go as often as Kade will, so we'll get to have a little one on one like he's never gotten. As anyone with more than one knows, when you aren't outnumbered, they act like angels. Go figure. It is not set in stone though, I may do the same for Kade and send Co and keep him one morning or something also. The only reason, to be totally honest, that Co will definitely not go as often is that Kade goes for free and I have to pay for Co, but it was the plan originally anyway. I didn't know he'd be able to go when we got here. I'm glad he can though, he'll enjoy it whether he realizes it or not. I think we will ALL get along better though if we ALL get a break from one another.
So cross your fingers that Mike finds the cheap ass car of his dreams this weekend and the boys can start right away and I can get some stuff DONE!!!!
At any rate, it is late and I have to be in top shape in the morning for some savage soda shopping, so I must get some rest.
I will, however, leave you with some photos of the boys playing. I still need to post an old one I didn't do yet... hey maybe if the boys are at preschool I can do that next week! ha
Without further ado...

Well. Damn it all to hell. Pardon my french if it offends, but ARGH!!!! Have I ever mentioned just how computer cursed I am? Its sickening sometimes. So the stupid laptop FINALLY croaked. Not totally, but its more work to wake it up from its coma than it is worth so we are FINALLY calling the TOD and have set it off to the side waiting for a hard drive donor to pass on. ha! (that means for me to find one or clean off a spare).
So, wouldn't you know it that as soon as that happens, my beloved dell is croaking out too? Oh of COURSE when the very last priority on earth for me is a new computer, I'm going to be totally without?!?!?! Argh.
So there's an FYI for you, if there is no posting for awhile, you'll know that I am pulling my hair out not sleeping trying to fix crap yet again. It's hanging in okay but being completely and totally ridiculous in expectations and for that, I cannot open the little window to add photos without restarting for the 19th time today. It is too late at night for all that, so... perhaps tomorrow evening I can do it.
*sigh*
Of course.

On that note, I'm out peeps. Have a good one! Keep your good car mojo fingers crossed!

XOXOXOXO

No comments: