Nearly there....

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gee...Thanks.

Thanks? Yes. Thank you. I give thanks.
I have so much to be thankful for.


Great family.
Wonderful friends.
Fantastic opportunities.
Amazing memories.
Bright Future.
Health.
Love.
Life.
Dreams.

I am blessed. I think I might get fired from blogging if I keep saying that?
I've had a lot of yucky things of course, but who cares about that? None of that stuff matters at all when you get so many wonderful things to reflect on at the end of the day. It snuffs out all the poopy stuff. There's that damn optimist trying to bust out of the closet again. Oh...I guess I'll let her out for the day.
While yes it is technically Thanksgiving TODAY, we are actually going to do it tomorrow.
We are having dinner here at OUR house (there's a first) with our neighbors, fellow Americans and military far from home tomorrow. They were all graciously donating their time on base to those young folks that so definitely deserved some good food today. So we chose to wait a day and have our dinner together tomorrow. Five adults, 3 teenagers, 1 preteen and 2 preschoolers. Should be fun. Most definitely. I'm hoping that next year, we will be very settled so that we can fill our home to capacity with folks hungry for good turkey and hilarious company (I mean come on now...let's be honest, what better could anyone have on Thanksgiving than US???).
Hopefully, next year we'll have our own TABLE. Yes, let us hope. We will, no doubt.

At any rate, I Hope that everyone, in some way was surrounded by great people, great food or at the very least, some great memories to look back on. Thinking of those that are feeling lonely on this day, those that have a hunger pain and too much need for more blankets. If I could accomodate just for the day, I'd do so without a second thought.

We did get to webcam with some of our family, as much as the connection would hang on that is. I think we may have spent more time trying to keep it going than visiting. Regardless, we got to SEE some of our peeps on this day and they us. Our kids got to say hi and blow kisses to one another.
I got to talk to my sister on the phone and my Grandmother and listen to all those sorry relatives of mine feasting on MY DUMPLINGS!!!!! They TOTALLY should have gone without in honor of me. Turds.
Ah well, if someone can enjoy them, then I suppose it is a good day right?

So, I close with a photograph. A photo I am so thankful to have. A photo I am saving to give her for Christmas, so DON'T ANYONE SPOIL IT AND PRINT IT FOR HER! Here is a good example of why it might be good my Grandma refuses to get computer savvy.
A photo I am thankful to have, a photo I would love to have myself, a photo I hope to have of my own someday. A photo of generations still connected. A photo of a very sincere and pure love.
That love of a Great-Grandmother and Great-Grandchild.
I shot this on one of the last visits with family before we left Texas. We got to get together for a bar b que at my Dad's house finally, it had only been years and years. My family, my Dad and step-Mom, my sister's family and my Grandma all sat on the patio out back and had some great burgers. Some laughs and some more memories to add to the vault.
A photo I just shot as the moments wound down.
I love it.
She will too.
I am thankful to have her in my life. I've always been thankful to have her in my life. I'm thankful to have KNOWN her and to STILL know her. I am thankful that my husband and my children know her too. She's someone great to know and anyone that knows her, knows how lucky they are to know of such an amazing, caring, loving, giving person.
My beautiful Grandmother Lorene.
Kissing Kade Good-bye as she left for the afternoon.
I am thankful for the constance of her love through out my entire life.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING POOR BORED PEOPLE WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN BORING YOUR BRAIN AND EYEBALLS WITH MY BLOG (including amazing photography of course).
Have a wonderful day and don't forget to be thankful. Regardless of what you think, no matter who you are, you DO have SOMETHING to be thankful for, hopefully you can sit and think of more than you might have thought of off the bat.
:)
Think about it.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love keeping up with the going ons in England...you crack me up! Love the picture, your grandmother will be thrilled. Take care. Kim