Nearly there....

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Okay but seriously

I actually started to blog to post more photos, but then I got off on my tangent and it was just silly to add photos to it. Not to mention, I spent too much time ranting about absolutely nothing to delete it too.
So... now I don't even remember what all I have to load. ha!
Oh okay, now I remember! Geeeez.
This past weekend, we decided to go into Norwich, I've been dying to go, I've heard the shopping was killer - not that I had 10 pence to spend (hehe) but we just wanted to go. We had intentions of finding the castle ruins and having a picnic there. Well... wouldn't ya know, that TomTom has suddenly gone completely stupid on us and can find nothing further than the TOWN. Who's idea was it to name it after a guy? I mean for REAL, think about it? So we could NOT find anything. The boys were asleep, so we basically drove around a little bit and headed back home. Sad huh? Well, perhaps but Mike took the back way and scenic is just an understatement. I tried to take some shots of the landscape to share, but as I've mentioned before I am REALLY lame at landscape shots! REALLY lame. I have absolutely no future in stock photography. I will never be Aimee Ansel Adams. Not happenin. It is okay, while it is hard for me not to be awesome at EVERYTHING, I suppose I can take a hit once in awhile. My ego still stands strong. ;)

Anyway. Here. haha. It is rare so far, at least where we live to find anywhere you can SEE for very far. There are 8 foot tall hedges EVERYWHERE! It is evil and makes a claustrophobic person feel really really cramped and add to that night blind and it is ten times darker outside too. Regardless, you have no clue what is out there and you are damned if you want to take a photo of the English Countryside to share with your friends and family online!!!!!! Argh!

However, on this route, there were fields with no hedges, just open rolling fields with lovely little villages off in the distance and then on the way home, that sweeeeet light fell across everything between the cloud cover. If only I'd have had an engaged couple or wedding party or teenager there needing a photo session. THEN it would've rocked! ha!
Somewhere between here and there. I can't even name the village we were in, or the one we're looking at in the distance. (That you can't actually see anyway).

Is it weird to pull off on the side road, not paying a bit of attention, on a whim and find yourself standing on Milestone Lane? Does it MEAN something? Hmmm....

Ugh. I swear. I suck.

I just thought this was cool because of the clouds. THey looked like they were rolling right out of the ground.

This, well it is just a very English looking house. haha

It was so dense and misty and it really does do neat things with the light every direction you turn
Some English Countryside Bovine
So, on our way home, of course the boys are awake by then, Kade is upset because we did not get to see a castle and we're driving through bits and pieces of forest so he keeps asking if we are going to go to the forest. He loves it. So, just short of our house is a little spot that we've never stopped in. As you get out of the car, and walk in there is a 3 way split. There are 3 different trails to choose from.
Trail #1 nice, easy and open.
Trail #2 still open and easy looking, but perhaps a little more dense.
Trail #3 very dense forest and obviously pretty rough.
My little man got to choose and he chose trail #3! THAT'S MY BOY! Mr. Nature.
So, perhaps my landscape shots are pitiful, but hey...at least I can shoot some good fungi right? *sigh*
This is what it looks like when you let Kade loose in the outdoors. He LOVES it!
Brave as he can be...
Even though around every tree, shrub or leaf pile, there could be monsters. He's sure of it.
We're brave though because it is just too much fun to NOT go into the forest! Monsters or not!
On our way to school Monday. That is the day that Kade goes and Co stays with me. (He's wearing CODY'S sweater here...)
So, while Kade was at school, Co and I went to Thetford to the towne centre to get Kade his prize for doing so good with his recent potty issues. We also had to search for some hats and gloves because my boys are COLD! (Not that Cody will let a pair of gloves anywhere near him...)
The spot where I park to go in is pretty neat. There is a river running through and a 3 way bridge. One part goes to the parking area, the other one to a park and the other to the shopping area. Opposite the car park is this park. Mike and I had lunch there on our adults only day and since them it has simply DROPPED a ton of giant leaves everywhere. So after our hurried shopping, we went to the park for a look around.
He wasn't so sure he wanted to play with the leaves rather than go jump in the river and chase ducks, geese and swans.
"Wook! Wook MOMMY! A WEEF!!!"
Then he's done with me. You can start to see a trend eventually...
Wading through the ocean of giant leaves.

His shy photo pose.

Oh, that is..."I'm TWO and I WANT TO GO TO McDONALDS!!! YOU SAID McDONALDS!!! STOP TAKING MY PICTURE IN THE LEAVES AND TAKE ME FOR MY FREAKIN HAPPY MEAL ALREADY!!!!!".

In case you can't tell, that is not a look of love, it is pissed off. It is the fact that I MENTIONED McDonald's and it is not there in front of us magically.

And then the farce. The, "I'm up and not screaming my head off. I am fine Mommy, let's take our time and walk to the car and you will be oblivious to the fact, that I am going to have a full grown COW when you try to put me in the car. I will throw my hat on the ground and run away from you and then flop on the nasty ground in the parking area in front of the public restrooms and roll around on the wet disgusting asphalt screaming my head off. Then when you pick me up kicking and screaming, I will slap you a few times and rip up all the giant leaves you collected for Kade and I to do crafts on at home. Good luck finding your keys in all of this..."

This is a pretty house on the other side of the little river in the pretty little park with the pretty little orange tree.

Cody running away from me. Just the other side of THOSE trees is a ROARING river, where water from somewhere drains from under the bridge and it is absolutely huge and ROARING! Yeah. Kid gives me 10 heart attacks a day.

More weird stuff growing from the ground that looks better than any landscape shot.

Oh look...Cody running away from me again. Toward the bridge over the ROARING water.

Okay, and this goose just had the SWEETEST little eyes. There are several up by the big bridge, but this small bridge back behind everything is pretty quiet. This goose and one other were there and it was just so sweet, patiently floating beneath us waiting for some morsel that I just didn't have. Poor thing. Isn't it just cute? Also, there are LOADS of Canadian geese here, is that weird?

That concludes my manic blogging for the day. I swear there has to be an easier way to load photos to this blog. I need to research.

Have a great Hump Day!!!

No comments: