Nearly there....

Friday, November 14, 2008

How it is done in the UK

See, the only time we really had fireworks was 4th of July. I know people get them for New Years etc... but we just never did. So when I think fireworks, I think swimsuits, bar b que, beer and HOT. It is damn HOT outside. Sweating. HOT.
However, here in the UK there is Bonfire night which I'd need to look up and research fully before I go spouting off facts. It is just what I've heard and there is an actual name but I think I get it wrong, being that I'm too lazy to do research right now for posting in my blog. That is all the info you get. ha!
In and around November 5th there are fireworks galore and bonfires. People party and burn and explode things. Loads of fun! :)
Gosh when could we EVER have a bonfire in West Texas? Rarely.
So on our anniversary we popped off some fireworks right in our backyard - woohoo! No fire hazard either, but this photo cracks me up.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

To Cute! Happy Anniversary, although a littl late, I can tell it was special. I loved what you wrote below. I can tell you two are so happy together. It is rare to find someone so special like that. Glad your enjoying England, I love reading what you are experience. Hope to be moving soon. Take care. Kim