Nearly there....

Friday, August 8, 2008

Oh its time to RELAX!

So, after umpteen billion phone calls back to the very nice estate agent who is extremely busy we got word that all is a go. We had a little negotiating to do around the contract, but she was so nice and got it all squared away for us quickly. SO, it looks as though we've got a LOT of furniture to get b/c this house is huge!
LOTS of room, so you people get busy buying passports already!!!
We should be in no later than the 24th. The latest date for our household goods is the 28th, so lets all cross our fingers that we can get it a little early. No biggie though, we can hang for a few days without.
We spent the day today looking at back ups to that house. I did find one I LOVED, but it was a little out of our price range. I have learned though that rent is a negotiable thing here. So I called to see if they'd go for it. I didn't even see the inside, but 4 bdrms w/ 3 receptions etc... and oh the gardens. OH MAN the gardens were to DIE for beautiful!
Oh well... don't have to worry about it now. So we are now signed in for a whole year to a 3 story home. Sure hope my knees hold out! Sure hope we can find some monster strong baby gates too.
Oy.

I will share photos shortly when I can. I'm trying the 100th different method for being able to access my pictures on the laptop so that I can share them. I'm not holding my breath though.
This is simply ridiculous.

So I met someone that told me another roundabout way to fix the laptop. Once again I get excited only to remind myself that I have the discs for my desktop dells and shipped that, and have the hp laptop, whose discs I shipped.
My my oh my am I ever a genious sometimes. Ugh.
I was going to just deal with it and go get another laptop, but I REALLY don't want to spend the money on it right now. Especially now that I have so much house to decorate. So if I can find a way to rebuild it myself, then I shall, but as for a new laptop with Vista on it...I PASS.

Anyway, just wanted to shoot an update out that we were DONE house hunting, FINALLY! However, the internet that I catch in our room sometimes is out lately, so who knows. I'll say that for now, I will have very limited access to the net. If anyone does need to reach us though, I am able to check my gmail on my phone, so I can at least do that.

Has everyone gone out and gotten International calling added to their phones??? Well if not, you oughta. ha!

I'm hoping we can hit the coast this weekend. We're only about an hour from it, shockingly (that means its only 20 miles away!) haha. Not really, but yes an hour or so away and the boys have STILL not gotten to REALLY see the ocean, so why not now? Because why??? Well b/c what ELSE have we got to do?????? hehehe
I'm giddy at the idea we can go do something for FUN now. FINALLY.
The boys have been major troopers. So won't that be neat to get some pics of the boys on the beach in England...when you can get pics of the boys in a month? ha!
At the very least perhaps we'll go do some hiking in the forest up the road a ways. Something fun and outside though.
(We need warmer shoes...)

With that, I'm out.
Time to go cuddle the hubby. Bet everybody 10 bucks he's snoring away over there. (I'm in the office for the hotel using their computer).

Well, its chilly chilly out, we've had on sweaters today and I had to bust out the hot cocoa, so its good cuddling weather, I'll just have to wake him up. Can't stand snoring in my ear when I am trying to cuddle. ha!

Love all
XOXO

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

YEAH on the house! You will be able to find some beautiful pieces of furniture in England. Take your time with that, it will be worth. My girlfriend has some pieces to die for. Hopefully the Euro gets better.
Enjoy the beach. It isn't like the ones here, but it still is nice. Have fun!

Unknown said...

What an adventure!!!!! Make the most of it and take lots of photos!!!!!