Nearly there....

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Bidet Chronicles

Everyone keeps making fun of my bidets. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with those things. Ew. Do people REALLY use those anymore? Do they even come with instructions? How does one know what to do with that? Maybe we can make some neat creative fish bowls with them??
I mean seriously...out of sheer curiousity I've got to google this. The things that come to mind are just too much. Seriously....

So, this morning I took the test for my British license. Shockingly I passed! Barely mind you because someone didn't study at all. Apparently, though, I could've been driving this entire time. It's okay though because I think it did me some good to just ride with Mike and pay attention and learn. At least its nice to KNOW that I CAN drive when I feel like it. I am just going to have to work up to it, build from smaller slower towns to somewhat larger. Very large populated busy areas? Um...I'll pass thanks. Luckily trains are big here. I'll take up train riding. Train riding doped up on Dramamine of course.

So likley not a whole lot that is all that interesting. Today we went to Bury to see some sofa's I'd found online, soooo nice! Ikea got voted off the island when I saw these AND they were within delivery range AND they are on sale! Lots of sofa's that are my taste, but not so far out there that Mike will faint. Since he went off and said the words, "You have full control of decorating our new house, I don't care what you get, just decorate it!". Now he's pretty worried when I send him e-mails out with bright green or orange leather sofas with crazy curves or no arms etc... (they ARE cool though). This one store has many that we can both FINALLY agree on! Well, they were closed. Do they have "normal" store hours? No, one night they close at 8pm, then 6, then 8 then 6 - so on and so forth. Seriously? Well that was a lovely waste of petrol. (Yep, get used to it, I'll be tossing out some British terms where I can, it really does catch on quickly).
We were able to stop off at a store my friend Carol recommended for clothing and I'm so thankful!!!! Oh man oh man am I EVER excited to get a day to myself to go out and hit some of these shops!!!! I got the boys several shirts (since the illustrious BX here has NOTHING) and they are simply ADORABLE! So, that made me feel a little bit better! I was able to pick out a few things to go back and buy for some folks back home as well.

The boys are doing really really well, they're getting adjusted and honestly acting *knock on wood* better than they did for awhie before we left. I'm so relieved. I'm so proud of them lately! Cody is really showing his Big Boy side and Kade is coming back to himself FINALLY! Always my big boy and well.... back to being MOmmy's little man. They've fought less and hugged more and are getting much better at playing TOGETHER. I found some neat toys at the BX on another base, (there are 3 US bases right near each other and each offers different things at their store, but...even collectively, its still super sucky shopping) and they have had SUCH a blast with them! Its awesome to FINALLY spend money on a toy they PLAY with!

Mike was informed today that our first shipment has also arrived, so next Friday we will be taking posession of our new house and ALL of our things will also be delivered! What a relief! The final date was the 28th and I personally didn't want to mess with temp. furniture, so I was just going to make us tough it out for a week, but now we get to set up the boys new rooms and watch our new TV again!
We are really excited, in case you didn't gather that much already!
Today I began making out a list of just general things we need to get. Not only did we sell off a lot of things, we also (obviously) have never had such a large home. Not that its any mansion by a stretch, but seriously, just think of all the trash cans... wow. That's a lot! ha!
At any rate, that is our update for the moment.
Perhaps tomorrow I'll be sure to make an effort to go deal with the JERKS at the office so I can dump some pictures. Maybe...

I would like to send out a very special congratulations to Sarah, Nick, Angel and Hudson for the arrival of their new baby girl Haven! She is absolutely beautiful and I can only imagine how adored she is already and how much she will be for always! I hope the boys get to see her very soon and that she is a fantastic sleeper and an easy going content baby!
(If you are curious about Angel, please check out his site - link in my fave links to the right top of the page).

AND...while we're talking babies, a good luck and thinking of you to my dear friend Christy, back in Tennessee....SHE is having her baby girl Averie tomorrow morning! Its baby central around here! I can't wait to see her! Wish I were there to photograph it! Praying all goes quick and easy as pie and that she is also an easy going little gal. Goodness, with her 3 BIG brothers... no need for Dad to worry about the boys bothering her!

So, on that note....I'm going to say something to make all of you back in the South ill, I'm going to turn on some HEAT because I am FREEZING!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

My bidets held magazines, for easy reading. My friend put a cactus in the center and filled the rest with rocks...it was appropriate! Be sure to try one out! HA!