Nearly there....

Friday, November 18, 2011

Pyjama Day

I can never read that word and not pronounce it "PIE-Jawma" in my head. No matter how hard I try. ;)
Today was PJ dat at school. Quite a contrast from their regular threads eh? :0) They got to take a favorite animal as a guest as well. Cody chose his stuffed chocolate lab "Sue" and Kade took his new croc appropriately named "Crocker". Something tells me there were probably a TON of mario jammie bottoms at school today. Just a guess....



In other news.... 
This, my friends, excites me to NO end. I've been dying for the day that I could start reading chapter books with the boys. We have tried a few times, but the attention span just wasn't quite there. FINALLY, Kade and I have started reading our first Harry Potter book. I read a page and he reads a page and MUCH to my delight...I hardly have to help him at all. He really only needs help with the names, understandably so. It will take awhile I'm sure but we're going to go through the whole series. I am shamed to admit I have only read the first two, but I seriously wanted to wait and read it WITH them. Cody listens as he's just now begun his own reading journey but he is doing FABULOUSLY well at it. Love having readers all in the house! 
Can't decide, though I need not worry about it TOO much yet, which set to go to next. It will likely be the Black Stallion series, but who knows... :0)


Lastly...I made a snack. Pinterest inspired. Sort of. It went a little wrong in the end. Taste-wise it was a huge hit. Health-wise... well.....it's actually not QUITE as bad as it looks. Apples covered with melted peanut butter, a few marshmallows piled on, a random chocolate chip (which the did not eat) and a little chocolate syrup drizzle. Should've just stopped at the marshmallows I think. hahaha.
Either way, they've asked for it every day since and I've had to come up with some excuse as to why I can't make another yet. Ooops! I'll have to revert their attention away with something else less.....marshmallowy. 



That is all. Time to grab PJ'd kids from school, drop off friends at home and then...home to snuggle up for movie night. Tonight's menu is pigs in a blanket. Easy enough. I accept. ;)
I think this is going to be movie-marathon weekend. Gotta get a little bit o' Werewolf action in there somewhere!
Then a date at the "PICTURE SHOW" (hahahahaha man that's too damn funny Mike) to see some Poop Pie in action. ;o) YES we're horribly behind on movies here. Bite me. lol

Have a great one all! 

No comments: