Nearly there....

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful to be so Thankful

Well, it really will be a quickie b/c it's past my Thanksgiving bedtime. However I felt I could not go to sleep without popping on to wish everyone a very SAFE and HAPPY Thanksgiving. By now I'm sure most of you have had your eats and are sitting around getting sloshed watching football or something.
Hook em' Horns.... :o)

I have so many things to be thankful for and I'm really most thankful, that I can see that.
So a few things to say I am thankful for - granted I could go on for an hour, but I won't.

1. My beautiful amazing sweet little boys. They think their Mommy hung the moon and that's alright with me! :o)

2. My beautiful sweet loving husband, I never in a million years thought I'd be lucky enough to find someone as wonderful as him...yet here we are all (yeah ALLLL haha) these years later still as crazy about each other as we were way back when. ;o)

3. My AMAZING extended family! I have a hard time calling my "extended" family "extended" to be honest. That sounds a smidge too impersonal I think. I'm talking like, Steph and fam, Mark and fam and Pop and Shannon. I think we're all closer than "extended" to me. I'm so so so thankful for them all. For all the times and all the ways they've been there for us each or individually and most of all, for loving our little boys the way they do. That's most important to me.

4. Of course, while it STILL sounds impersonal, my really extended family! Yeah, ya know to be sorta "orphaned" in a way...I've really got an ENORMOUS family, both sides and including my in-law family too. Holy hell we could all fill up a football field almost! ha!
I love that there are SO many of us, but no matter how long its been between seeing each other, the hugs are just as genuine and we can sit down and talk for hours like we've not missed a day! I think THAT is awesome!

5. My fabulous friends. I can say, beyond all the other ways I am so blessed, this is truly one way I feel extremely blessed because I have something in friends, that I feel few people get. You hear so many SAY they are thankful for their friends, but I really really am. I *think* most folks are very close to and very thankful for their families and a friend or maybe two. I am blessed to have many, many great and very dear friends. I confuse the hell out of people when I say, "My best friend....." because they tend to think my one best friend leads an insanely busy life. ;) haha

6. I am thankful for the opportunities I've been given in my life. No matter what path I've gone down, no matter how it turned out or seemed at the time. Good or bad. I am thankful for all of it. That could sound seriously mental if you knew how bad some of the bad was, but I can truly say, in my most serious manner, I would go through it again to be where I am and who I am. The good has so out weighed the bad, it's always worth it.

7. I am thankful for the chance to share, well this can only come out corny I guess I can't word it correctly, my soul with the world -- whoever sees it anyway. I think so many people walk around with so much in them that they are either too afraid or too busy or whatever... they never share it. So I am thankful, to be someone that cannot hold it in. My pictures are just a reflection of the way I see things and it comes from deep down. It is one of the few reasons it is sometimes difficult to do that for a living, because it is really so personal, even when the photos are ones I've been asked to take - the way I portray what I see is very personal and it is difficult to put a price on that, much less the times when people want more for less and just cheapen how much heart I put into it. Perhaps there will be some more writing and other expressions of creativity to come soon.... ;o)

8. Here's a good one...I'm thankful for ADHD meds and a dr. that finally listened to me all the way through rather than cutting me off b/c I did well in school as a child (small child mind you). This has opened up an entirely new world for me and it's taking a LOT (and I mean a LOT) of hard work to get where I want to be for myself and my family, but I will do it and I AM. SUre there are slip ups and I slide backward, but the important thing is...I keep on walking right back up that slippery slope. Insistent, persistent and completely determined to the day I die, to get to the top and stay there.

9. I am thankful for the many miracles I've seen in my life. When I can sit down and put it on paper, which I really ought to do that soon, the things I've seen in my life that I view as miraculous - its really pretty amazing. Since I"m not one of those people that's watched the sunrise from the top of a Tibetan monastery or walked on the moon etc... I've just seen a lot of everyday miracles. A lot of not so everyday miracles. Births, deaths and healing that seemed impossible. There are many more to come and I'll take them all and soak it up and NEVER forget.

10. Of course I should add a conceited one. WHy not? It wouldn't be very "me" without would it? In all seriousness though, whatever divine intervention we shall believe in. I can obviously only say it had to be God that did it. ;) I am thankful that I am me. That probably sounds stupid, or insanely narcissistic but...well, maybe you just have to BE me to understand it. I am glad I am the person I am, wherever I got the resiliency that I've somehow come by, wherever some of this all came from. I am thankful. I am thankful that I keep on going no matter what. I am thankful to not walk around bitter about things I cannot change everyday. I am thankful that I can accept my past and the actions of others as simply that and still just be happy to be me. I am thankful that I can accept others and our differences, granted sometimes it might take me a bit of thinking but I do always come around, and still love them and/or forgive them. I am thankful that I am no longer afraid to be heard. I am thankful that I can have a sense of humor nearly all the time about nearly anything.
So, with so many other possible scenarios of what might have been for me...I am DAMN thankful this is the one I got. I shudder to imagine how the simplest decision could have put me somewhere very far, from the someone I am now. I am truly thankful, that I don't use the "where I came from, what I've been through" bit as an excuse for ANYTHING.
(Again, that all might SOUND all full of me, but...you'd just have to know a LOT about me I guess. Only a few others can really grasp it I think). ;)

11. I am thankful for the beautiful happy smiles that wake me up each morning.

12. I am thankful for the little fingers that tap me on the back lightly when I'm getting a hug.

13. I am thankful for haircolor. ;o)

14. I am BEYOND thankful for our health. Words can hardly say it enough.

15. I am thankful for the little surprises that come my way sometimes, when I least expect them!!!!!!

16. Most of all, I am thankful. For the full tummy I've got tonight. The warmth coming from the radiators. The snuggles I will get when I climb in my bed in a minute. The roof that is keeping us dry. The car I've got to drive. The bills that are paid. We should all ALWAYS be thankful of that, but I will say these days...we should be THAT MUCH MORE thankful for it.

I hope that everyone, no matter how dismal things may look to you today, can sincerely find something at least one thing, they are truly thankful for and pass it on. Reminding others of what YOU have to be thankful for, might sometimes be construed as bragging, but I think instead, it reminds them of what THEY have to be thankful for and thus begins a domino effect. Everyone is walking around thankful rather than wishful.

Please enjoy your meals or company or the very breath you take today. Drive safely and smile! :o) If nothing else, be thankful you can do that! THere are people on this earth that can't even do that. So be thankful yoU CAN!!!!!!

I was not going to really cook anything traditional today. We were going to cook a meal and sit down to eat together, but I had no intentions of making an actual Thanksgiving meal.
However...on making a couple of turkeys for Mike's shop luncheon, I found that my son is a freakin NUT about turkey! Kade was going bananas over the fact there was a turkey in our oven!
He would NOT get out of the kitchen for HOURS! He talked at Steph-speed (that's really fast talking just so you know) about how he loved turkey, he wanted turkey, was the turkey done yet? he didn't want his dinner, he wanted that turkey b/c he loved turkey...and yeah it went on for AGES. I decided then I should probably go buy the poor kid a turkey. So...yes, there's ME (and sadly I was nowhere NEAR the only dumbass out at 7:30pm the night before) at the commissary last night getting a turkey and trimmings.
So... we did it!
I feel like a total grown up now. Is that weird? I should still feel like a "kid" per se b/c we went elsewhere to eat every year? Well, for whatever reason it really made me feel like a REAL grown up and a REAL parent!
Together Mike and I made (insane I tell you) turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, corn, rolls, pumpkin pie and my fab chocolate banana pie. So okay really some of the key things there were not from "scratch" but does that REALLY matter? no. The dressing was some fancied up stove top, the pumpkin pie was frozen...but everything else was REAL! We did it in very little time too.
We sat down and had our big meal all together at our table. We had wine glasses and the fancy plates out too! ha! The boys had apple-pomegranate cider and we had wine. They thought they were pretty cool getting "grown up drinks". The teacher wants Kade to talk about Thanksgiving tomorrow, I'm sure there will be mention of his grown up drink and that might not look so great..... I should maybe put a note in his bag. ha!

Otherwise we are all doing great! Just waiting on a couple of last minute items to come in the mail so i can get all of our packages sent off, I'm SO excited! I love buying gifts!!! I'm so so so into decorating this year too. I've never ever gotten very carried away with it, but I would sort of like to...I think. Maybe that's more of that grown up thing? How can I have been so "old" for my years all this time, but not feel like an adult for so long either? Somehow cooking a turkey and putting up some garland seems like it might be a rite of passage into my real womanhood.
Wow, there's a book title... ha!

So, um...yeah. So much for short. We all knew better though.
I have the gift of gab in type. What can I say?
I can say good night........


xoxoxox

No comments: