Nearly there....

Monday, February 23, 2009

just for the love of pete...

For whatever reason my internet connection is out of the stone age tonight. *sigh*
I'll try to share a few photos from this weekend. We got out of the house, while we did not go to London as planned...we still had a good time. Who even knows for certain why we did not go, but we did not. More than anything...simply b/c we are not from here and have no other way of knowing, how much fun would London REALLY be for a 2 and 4 year old? I mean...REALLY? They won't give much of a damn about anything we'd think was cool.
So...instead we hopped on a train and rode up to some dinky place called Sheperth which had a little zoo type thing. More than anything...the train was the point of the day, the animals were just icing on the cake. Just a short, albeit overpriced, whiz through the animals and back on the train. It was still exciting the second time around. Even with steam or horn blowing, they thought it was pretty cool nonetheless!
Thomas days, or something of the like should be coming up soon, we'll be certain to hit that!
This marked the end of an era too I believe. No kid leashes, no stroller...just loose kids. Maybe that is the real reason I chose to do this instead of London. Going somewhere so large and crowded nearly makes me hyperventilate. I could go into a frenzy thinking of the 783,990,586 ways something could happen to my kids. I hate large crowded places anyway...add in my kids and it's just hell for me. Plain and simple. Hell for me, means hell for them too, so at this point, why bother? We needed to let THEM blow off some steam.
On with it. It is late. I am tired.
So...I shall leave you with what photos will load. I have not gone through all of them yet, so there aren't a lot from the animal park I suppose regardless, photos are photos and I'm sounding less enthusiastic with each sentence I know. It really is late...

In absolutely no particular order...in other words, pretty much backwards:

some cute little mini's at the wildlife center. it makes me smile that my boys love horses so much (and i love my boots 8o)
daddy and the pony boys

a giddy moment. very important lesson from me to my big boy

Other than the face they sort of remind me of ferrets (which are simply gross) I fell head over HEELS in love with these little guys (or girls or each???). They knew it was dinner time and they were letting EVERYONE that came near them know about it. Running frantically to each visitor squeaking for food. Very cute little otters indeed. :)

Kamikaze Kade, back in action...

In this ENORMOUS sport field, my boy picked out ONE flower. One tiny little flower for ME. He kept asking me for awhile after if I still had it. I do. I always will. :)
He is now at the age, where the differences in males and females is very important (in the way they are to a 4 year old that is). So EVERYTHING that is flowers or pink or princess is for ME. Although that's not ME at all, he is certain it is b/c I am the GIRL of the house. It's pretty cute if you ask me. :) I always think he'll find it humorous when he's older and I tell him about it.

My guys... the chocolate milk mustaches are the perfect touch


Modeling debut. No one else was in the mood to appease me during the hour wait for the train.




Well, he let me get ONE and it was only b/c I was really fast and yeah, he's half way gone in this one as it is.







my what a tall shadow you have co...

that lasted all of....3.2 seconds. Hey, again, I was fast enough to snap a shot before he chunked it on the ground.
Ely Cathedral. I'll obviously, have to go back sometime for some better shots. Small village ENORMOUS GIGANTIC COLOSSAL cathedral.

Happy first time on a train face.


HIS happy first time on a train (FINALLY) face
Me n' Him on the train


Co and Daddy cruisin on the train. That's as good as Co was going to give here. Turd.

Patiently waitin for our ride to arrive @ Cambridge Station
Cody was so excited, it seemed he was floating on air...or was he???

Alright. That's all folks....

1 comment:

The Atwood's said...

ADORABLE pictures!

I love your boots too. ;o)