Nearly there....

Friday, January 16, 2009

What a difference a day makes

I've been in such a foul mood lately. Who knows why, I think it has even been since Christmas, just escalating day by day. So much that I seriously can't figure out WHAT it is/was for and really pissing myself off all the more because it WILL NOT GO AWAY!!!!!

Well last night I went to sleep before 10pm. I woke up at 6 this morning, sore from sleeping so long, but feeling a bit better, still wishing there was not so much to do today and those darn kids would sleep till nine just ONCE! Regardless, up I was and in the shower. A shower first thing in the morning???? Yes, it's a great thing and always improves my mood where a nighttime one just does not.

Off to school the boys went happily and I came back home to figure out which of the 50 things on my list were going to take priority. Since this 2.5 hour school day thing stresses me out so much. I just can't do anything in such a small amount of time! If there are a bunch of little somethings, which there always are, sure I can get them done but the anxiety over what is most important etc... freaks me out all the more.

So, I took the dog for a walk! Definitely needed to be done as it is, but my car is still filfthy and I have yet to make a grocery list as we're going straight from school to get that taken care of. Yuck.

Oh well.

It was lovely out this morning though. We went a different route and my how much more relaxing! It was a small road between two small village, no one else and maybe 3 cars passed the whole time. It was a balmy 36 degrees out, which I must say how funny I've changed so much already! The birds were singing, not just chirping annoyingly. There were pheasants scurrying everywhere and the weather was just gorgeous.

Since no one else came by, my dog didn't try to eat anyone, there was no human/canine wrestling match to keep him at my side etc... so that was very relaxing too.

It was nice to get to just take the time and really SEE our village. There are some exquisite homes here with breathtaking gardens. Our village is certainly not the nicest of all and is very much a tiny one as we don't even have a school and most small ones do but when you take the time, it is a very beautiful spot indeed.

No comments: