Nearly there....

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

thirty. one.

i'm not sure why it is. turning 30 was absolutely nothing to me. no big deal at all. BEING 30 is not old, its not that big of a deal. when someone asks your age range, you say, "i'm 30." however, seems that NOW i have to say, "i'm IN my 30's."
somehow, that is a smack in the face, reality bite...holy crap. i'm IN my thirties! thirties???? seriously?
am i ever going to actually FEEL my age? i mean its great that i don't feel as old as i am, if that ever really makes sense. just meaning, i feel like i should just be....24 or something. i don't feel mature enough in my mind, settled enough or whatever you want to call it, to be IN my thirties.
never the less, time apparently doesn't seem to care if i want to push 'pause' on aging until i feel that age.
unfortunately.
so far, i've had a pretty nice day though. today was school day for the boys. so i dropped them off and went into norwich to meet a friend for a coffee. i joked with mike it was a long drive for a coffee which i don't even drink. ha! i did actually have one though, once the taste of my gum (which does NOT mix well with a caffe latte mind you) wore off it wasn't too terrible.
i got to check out the city centre and some of the shops there. very neat, very affordable stuff to! i even got to step foot in an h&m. a lifelong dream of mine...okay, maybe just a past couple of years dream of mine. regardless. i got to.
finished it off with one of the greatest hot cocoa's ever with the tiniest of chocolate chips on it, such a pretty cocoa, i had to take a picture of it. :)
when i picked the boys up from school, they both sacked out in the FOGGY ride home, and have taken a long nap, which i've just now looked at the clock and should go wake them up because they will be up till midnight if i don't!!!!
anyway, hopefully mike brings me some form of chocolate and some firewood for my birthday. that'd be just perfect.
he got me a card yesterday, laid it on my pillow. it was a very very sweet card, that even down to the feet comment, was sweet. but the foot comment, that was just sneaky to toss in there!
at any rate.
yay me. another year survived. can't complain about that.
but do i REALLY have to be IN my THIRTIES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
i don't WANNA!!!!!!!!
*sigh*
oh well.
with that, i shall leave you with a few photos of my beautiful children. if i did nothing in this world worth a damn in the past THIRTY ONE years, it'd all be worthwhile for the great things i did do by having my angels. :)
yeah...they're still being pretty good! much easier to talk nicer about them (is that mean even?) when they are being so nice.


2 comments:

Sherry said...

Happy birthday! a few days late. Granny wanted to make surey ou got her card?
Take care and hope all is well there, miss ya'll lots!

Unknown said...

THANK YOU!
Yes I did! Tell her it was beautiful! Try to call her again soon! Miss you guys bunches!
XOXOXOX