Nearly there....

Monday, January 19, 2009

Note to self...

Do not dry fleece material in the laundry-mat dryer.
I made a resolve as I needed to take the bed linens up to wash, that I'd just take every last stitch and give myself a damn break from this never ending laundry nightmare for a few days. Many of you know that laundry is my nemesis anyway, now add in a damn washer the size of a bucket and imagine my predicament.
The nightmares of drowning in oceans of downy, being chased and attacked by body-less clothing. It is just too much sometimes.
So I loaded my poor car to the top with EVERYTHING, even if it might be clean but didn't have a soft fresh feeling to it, it ALL went. I spent a few hours, so happy to be gawked at by the amount I had to bring in, but this is what happens when I go on strike for 48 hours damn you single people who wear ONE uniform all week and (ew) reuse your towels 8 times w/out washing. BITE ME!
I worked hard, got to read my book a bit, which is grand as it is getting to the really profound parts now, and I have nice clean clothing all put away neatly. It's a dream come true.
However, I learned the hard way...that sweats, and super soft fluffy wonderful fleece blankets and scorching hot laundry-mat dryers, are not meant to work together.
Now all my wonderfully soft fleece is crunchy and smells like burnt plastic.
That's special.

*sigh*

Since I have so much spare cash flying around, now I can go replace all these blankets. JUST great.

I give up. I'm just laundry cursed and that is that.
We're retiring and moving somewhere warm year round and going nudist. We'll air dry after a shower and rough it and just sleep on the damn ground. Call first before you come over, or you'll be cursed with your own slew of nightmares for eternity. ha!

I am sure I am typing and reading like a madwoman, I'm too tired to even be humorous.
Off to bed and more laundry nightmares. Now I'll wake up sweating to the image of fleece trying to crunch me to death in my sleep.
Great.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I forgot about the laundry machines...forgot to mention that to you way back when...But oh how I love my BIG frontloaders now...if we move overseas again, I will cry if I have to put them in storage!

Unknown said...

ugh. it's awful! getting a regular dryer helped tremendously but still. any bed linens and i've got to make this huge trip to base. the laundry at Lakenheath is ALWAYS full and people look like they will scratch out your eyeballs if you so much as LOOK at their machine, seriously thought some chick was going to try to take me down over it! luckily, i found the one at mildenhall and it IS much larger and people just gawked at the amount of it, rather than looking like they were going to eat me alive.
ha!

so any news on the probability of a move??? this is on your list though right? how neat would that be?