Nearly there....

Sunday, May 16, 2010

compelling...

Well, I doubt I have anything compelling to say. I'm just compelled to blog today. So blog I shall.
We've got a lot of little "things" going on currently I guess. Just your day to day stuff, but changes of course.

Currently, I'm laying on my hind-quarters with my leg propped up in need of ice. Yep, never fails, get gung ho on getting in shape and there goes that damn knee again. It's not stubborn that keeps me from the dr. it is fear. Not fear of the dr. but my fear of doing something will make it worse. Make sense? I generally attribute that line of thinking to ignorance, and not the mean kind, but just a lack of knowing better. However, I am well aware that what would need to be done here is totally 50-50. It would either make it better or it will make it worse. The idea of worse terrifies me. It's painful, it slows me down, it keeps me from stuff, but I can live with it as a painful inconvenience as it is.
At any rate, this time, it seems that there might be a need for medical intervention. So, I have decided I will request a partial fix if anything happens. Maybe that will work for now. ;o)

So, beyond my seriously un-whiney whine we're moving. Just to a more convenient location. It's not IDEAL necessarily but it will give Mike more time at home. It will give us less worries overall beyond too many  noisy neighbors. (Oh how I loathe noisey neighbors! So I'm sure all of OUR  neighbors think too I'm sure! haha). It's so peaceful and quiet out here, except for when the effin' jets are flying over, the training area is in the midst of a major exercise (Brit troops, not ours) and there are tanks and machine guns etc... going nuts and then the stupid sheep. Remind me when we move back to Texas and I get sheep, b/c I fully intend on getting some, to make sure and keep them FAR from the house. If they are too close to me, I might be too tempted to then purchase a pet wolf. Seriously. How ANNOYING can they possibly BE???
Anyway, we have few neighbors here and they are all so nice, so quiet and just over all extremely friendly and helpful. I'm such a snob sometimes I know, but I guess I've just had my share of neighbors from hell that I'm terrified of moving in some closed in quarters.
I'm giving up my AMAZING backyard and I have almost come to tears a few times. Especially this time of year it's really really hard to give that up. Gone will be the days where I get hours of mostly uninterrupted time while the boys play themselves to exhaustion in the backyard. Doors and windows wide open, kids playing happily, dog running herself ragged keeping me from ever having to walk her...birds, butterflies, quiet. Gone.
Oh what on EARTH am I thinking???
It will be alright though. Daddy will be around more and that is MOST important. There are playgrounds everywhere you turn, which actually gives me anxiety attacks in itself. We'll be able to bike right from our house anywhere where as here we have to drive our bikes somewhere to ride safely. Lots and lots and lots of kids to play with. Just a lot of good things.
Much less house, virtually no backyard at all, and my neighbor phobia. However, there will also be no hour + commutes for Daddy, a MUCH less frequent visit to the gas pumps, more money in our pockets and NO worries about running out of OIL all the damn time!!!!
It will be nice and I am sure I will like it. On one hand, I relax at the idea, but the other I just feel sad. Just in time that we've really met a lot of people and settled in well, we move. Figures. However, we can't make it out to be an ordeal to come visit since we make the drive daily as it is right?? 8o)

So with that, I'm going nuts trying to figure out what on earth to do with the boys and school. I'm so upset that Co has to wait until 2011 to start. If we were in Texas he WOULD start this year, but Brit schools will keep him out b/c of ONE day and the way the DoDDs school is set up, it will also keep him out and Kade will ONLY just be starting Kindergarten now if he goes on base! So I just have a lot of work to do to find the proper solution for them and school that will fit. I'm just not up to settling when it comes to this.
Why can't it just be simple? We shall see though, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and find some perfect fit. :)
The boys are really excited though. They just see playgrounds and lots of other kids and know that Daddy is near. That's all that matters to them. So, I will have to keep reminding myself to keep it in check and think like the boys and RELAX. We'll make it work. We always do. ;)

On top of that, after we're all moved and settled...well, I've decided to go back to school as well. It's not really for a change in a career path or anything of the sort. It's a dream unrecognized. It's something that will further my career in the long run and add to it as well. It is something that I want to always say I did. I do not, under ANY circumstances, think that a bona fide degree makes me any smarter, better or more able to do anything to be honest. I much prefer to say I do this and that with very little education and still kick the shit out of people with degrees. While I do savor that more than most people can really imagine, I also want to be able to say to my boys, how important it is. Not to have the degree so they can "be somebody" b/c they already ARE somebody. I just want to have it so I can back it up. I want them to go to college for the experience if nothing else. I want them to make use of the opportunities they will have afforded to them. Opportunities that many of us did NOT have, I want them to find culture and learn and absorb the whole world, not just a little part of it.
Most of all I want it, just because I want it. People ask and I say that, but I think it's taken as me just wanting something just because. It is not that, but as much as I HATED going to school, my brain thirsts. I crave knowledge and while I do know most everything...  haha! There are a few gaps I should fill in. ;)
The idea of it really excites me and Mike is really thrilled about it as well.
Cody said he'd make my lunch for me like I make his and Kade will help me get my uniform together. I surely didn't have the heart to tell them that most of it will take place right at home. I will most definitely let them pack me a sandwich and lay out some comfy clothes for me. ;o)
I was aiming to start the summer sessions, but we're going to aim for the fall since we will be all settled in by then and winter will be coming on, so I won't have any desire to be outside much by then. :o)


I've even got a couple of sessions lined up. I'm so beyond ready to dust off my damn camera it's just wrong really. I have sooooo many ideas all piled up in my brain, it's getting a bit full in here.

So, there are quite a few changes coming. Changes I think I, personally, am in need of. So while I'm sad at the prospect of some of it, overall it's a good thing. ;o)
Who knows, maybe Mike will get to sit down and actually eat dinner with us sometimes!

No comments: